Since 2007, Rutland Regional Medical Center has been focused on improving patient satisfaction and building a culture of service excellence through our hospital wide Patient Satisfaction Project. Formed to further our goal to be the Best Community Healthcare System in New England, the program is run by a multi-disciplinary group composed of front line staff as well as leadership.
Rutland Regional is committed to improving our patient satisfaction at all levels. Participating in Press Ganey, a national survey tool that gathers information from over 7,000 hospitals for the past 20 years, Rutland Regional has been able to benchmark its patient responses and determine areas for improvement.
Ask Me! Program
We take patient satisfaction seriously. In response to patient satisfaction data that indicated a need for improvement in patient communication and involvement in their care, we developed the Ask Me! Program.
The program is based on the belief that an involved, informed patient is an empowered one. We encourage patients to take an active role in their treatment by voicing any questions or concerns over the course of their care plan. In addition to welcoming their input during conversation with any member of the care team, we also provide the following tools to enable dialogue:
- White boards in patient rooms to display important information to patients and families about their stay and care
- Notepads in patient rooms as an easy way to capture questions and comments to be presented to a provider later
- Tent cards in patient rooms displaying frequently asked questions and answers
Our Ask Me! Program is designed to promote open communication as a means to healthcare excellence and treatment success. Patient satisfaction is our top priority.
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, patient feedback is a highly valued resource. Our goal is to provide each and every patient with the most positive experience possible. We encourage patients to share with us any comments they may have regarding their experience, through discussion with their provider, any member of our staff, or through our Patient Satisfaction Survey. Input is welcomed and applied going forward to any decisions we make toward our goal of service excellence.
Our staff and volunteers are the key to excellent patient care and we strive to recognize their efforts and contributions every day. At Rutland Regional we have several employee recognition programs that directly relate to patient satisfaction. In fact, the recipients of these awards are often nominated by patients and their families.
- The Daisy Award for Nursing. At Rutland Regional we are proud of our wonderful nurses. That is why we recognize their contributions through the Daisy Award program. This award recognizes the clinical skill, and most importantly the compassion, that nurses demonstrate in their work with our patients everyday. If you have witnessed one of our nurses doing extraordinary work, please nominate them using the Daisy Award Nomination Form.
- Journey to Excellence Program.The Journey to Excellence program is an easy way to recognize a staff member for doing a great job providing patient care. When observing an employee or volunteer providing “superior service” that deserves recognition, patients or staff can complete a Journey to Excellence card and present it to that staff member. Cards are entered in a monthly drawing and winners choose from a variety of prizes.