Say it Straight is about how you communicate with others. This program is being offered for young people ages 11-19 years old by the Rutland Area Prevention Coalition.
During this program you will learn:
- What You Say and How You Act Can Give You Greater Power
- Behaviors Such As: People-Pleasing, Bullying, Getting Even, Zoning Out & Not Caring, and How Lecturing Can Affect You
- To Say No and Not Feel Pressured By Your Friends
- To Show How You Care About Yourself and Offer Support to Others
- To Talk with Your Parents and Others and Let Them Know How You Feel
Programs are forming for ages 11-14 and ages 15-19. Each program is once a week for 1 hour for 6-8 weeks. There is no cost for this program. Call 802.775.4199 or go to www.sayitstraight.org for more information.
This program is funded by the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools and the Vermont Department of Children and Families.