At Rutland Regional Medical Center, we know that being away from
home can be unsettling. That is why we provide as many channels as possible for
you to remain connected to friends and family during your stay.
- Wi-Fi. Wireless hot spots are available in ten locations throughout the
hospital for patients and visitors; including the Library, ACU Waiting Room, OR
Waiting Room, ICU Waiting Room, Birthing Center Waiting Room, Food Court and Foley
Cancer Center Waiting Room.
- Cell Phones. Cell phones may be used in most areas of the hospital as long as
they are kept more than 3 feet/1 meter away from all electronic medical
devices. In certain restricted areas, cell phones must be turned off. When
using your cell phone, please keep your ringer on low and be mindful of other
patients, visitors, and medical staff members.
- Telephones. Each patient in our hospital has a complimentary bedside telephone
with a private line and separate phone number. Your family and friends can call
you directly by dialing 747 + the number on your phone.
- TTY. Our telecommunications office has a TTY/Hearing Impaired Telephone
which is available for bedside use upon request. In addition, we are equipped
to assist any hearing-impaired friends or family members who may call you
during your stay. That number, which operates 24 hours a day, is 802.775.7075.
- Phone Cards. Pre-paid phone cards are available for purchase in our Gift Shop,
located at the Allen Street hospital entrance.
- Interpreters. If you are in need of an interpreter, please inform your nurse so
that one may be provided to you.
- Mail &
Flowers. Hospital volunteers deliver letters, packages, and any flower
deliveries to patient rooms each day. Please note that flowers are not allowed
in the Intensive Care Unit. Any mail received after your discharge will be
forwarded to your home. If you need stationary and/or stamps, they may be
purchased at our Gift Shop.