Financial Assistance Program
The physicians and staff at Rutland Regional Medical Center are committed to providing patients, families and the community with exceptional medical care in a warm and caring environment. Our vision is “To be the Best Community Healthcare System in New England” and we understand that not everyone has insurance coverage or the means to pay for their health care services.
During Fiscal Year 2014 Rutland Regional provided $6,060,971 in Financial Assistance to patients with financial need.
We are committed to providing financial assistance to those that have had medically necessary services and are either uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for any government healthcare insurance programs, or may be under some sort of financial hardship. Eligible Financial Assistance Program patients will have their Rutland Regional healthcare bills completely covered or reduced.
Once your application is approved, the Financial Assistance Program we will cover services 240 days from the first billing statement you received and will be effective for one year, after which a new application is required. Any patient payments made during this time will be refunded.
The Financial Assistance Program covers services billed by Rutland Regional Medical Center such as Inpatient and hospitalist Services or Outpatient Services such as X-rays, Lab Services, and Emergency Services. It also covers any medical services billed by Rutland Regional Clinic Services to include:
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Comprehensive Care & Infectious Diseases Clinic
- ENT & Audiology
- Foley Cancer Center
- Killington Medical Clinic
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Rutland Diabetes & Endocrinology Center
- Rutland Digestive Services
- Rutland General Surgery
- Rutland Heart Center
- Rutland Kidney Center
- Rutland Pulmonary Center
- Rutland Regional Behavioral Health
- Rutland Women’s Healthcare
- Vermont Orthopaedic Clinic
- West Ridge Center for Addiction Recovery
- Wound Ostomy & Continence Clinic
The Financial Assistance Program does not include fees charged to patient for:
- Reading X-rays from the Rutland Radiologists, Inc.
- Lab Review from Mid Vermont Pathology
- Anesthesia Services from Sheridan Healthcare of Vermont
- Professional Services at Foley Cancer Center from The University of Vermont Medical Center or Allan Eisemann, MD
- Private Doctor Bills
Our program is based upon the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines and eligible patients must pass both an income and assets test to qualify.
If you feel you are eligible and would like an application, assistance in completing the application or general questions about your bill, you may contact the following:
- Financial Counselors business days between 8am and 5pm at 802.747.1648, or PatientAccounts@rrmc.org.
- Download our Financial Assistance Program Application.
- Download our Financial Assistance Program Policy.
- Download our Billing and Collections Policy.
- Download our Financial Assistance Program Summary.
Government Healthcare Insurances
The State of Vermont offers Medicaid and Dr. Dynasaur health insurances for those individuals that live in Vermont. Eligibility for these plans is based on household income, family size, age, and other factors. For more information on whether you would qualify for one of the plans offered by the State of Vermont, visit the Green Mountain Care website or call 800.250.8427 business days, Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday, 8am-1pm.
Vermont Health Connect offers health plans for Vermont individuals, families, and small businesses. The plans are offered at four levels: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The levels vary in the amount of monthly premium versus out-of-pocket costs and include preventative care, mental health services, and dental and vision coverage. Eligibility for these plans is based on household income, family size, age, and other factors. For information about plans available through Vermont Health Connect, visit their website or call 1.855.899.9600 business days, Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday, 8am-1pm.