Financial Assistance Program
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, we understand that not everyone has insurance coverage or the means to pay for health care services. To help you work out a payment option with which you are comfortable, we offer our own Financial Assistance Program to cover or reduce your bills for services received here. Once you provide us with the information we need to verify your eligibility, we will mail you a letter within one week to let you know if you qualify.
Our Financial Assistance Program will cover bills up to 6 months prior to approval and will be effective for one year, after which a new application is required.
Our program only covers services billed by Rutland Regional Medical Center or Rutland Regional Clinic Services, including:
- Inpatient Stays
- Hospitalist Services
- Outpatient Services such as X-rays, Lab Work, and Emergency Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services including Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiatry, and Other Services
It does not include:
- Radiologist Fees
- Pathology Work
- Private Doctor Bills
Do You Need Help Paying Medical Bills?
The State of Vermont offers several health insurance plans. Eligibility for these plans is based on household income, family size, age, and other factors. Some of the plans are offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP Healthcare in cooperation with the State.
For more information on whether you would qualify for one of the plans offered by the State of Vermont visit the Green Mountain Care website or call 800.250.8427 business days between 7:45am and 4:30pm.
The Rutland Regional Medical Center has developed a Financial Assistance Program to assist eligible patients who have incurred expenses for services received due to illness or injury.
The locations are as follows:
Departments of Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Rutland Diabetes & Endocrinology Center
- Rutland Digestive Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Rutland Kidney Center
- Rutland Women’s Healthcare
- Rutland General Surgery
- Rutland Heart Center
- Vermont Orthopaedic Clinic
- Rutland Regional Behavioral Health
During Fiscal Year 2012 Rutland Regional Provided $5,881,877 in Financial Assistance to Patients with Financial Need.
Eligible Hospital Expenses Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- There is no medical insurance coverage for services
- All insurance must have been billed and benefits paid to Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Expenses must have been medically necessary – cosmetic surgery is not an allowable expense
- If you have medical insurance, all rules and guidelines of the plan were followed to insure payment, e.g. prior authorizations were received; services are considered in-network, etc.
- The services are not covered by any of the resident's state insurance programs
Proof of household income and family size is required along with a completed application.
If you would like more information about our financial assistance program, please contact our Financial Counselors at 802.747.1648, business days between 8am and 4:30pm. Otherwise, please feel free to read our Financial Assistance Policy, Billing and Collections Policy, and for your convenience, you may complete the Financial Assistance Application.
The policy of the Rutland Regional Medical Center is to provide financial assistance to all patients who have returned a completed application with proof of income and are deemed eligible according to the income guidelines above. Failure to complete the application, provide necessary information to determine eligibility or if denied assistance to arrange an acceptable payment plan to pay a debt could result in account balances being sent to an outside agency for collection.