Rutland Digestive Services
For patients with digestive conditions, the board-certified gastroenterologists and staff at Rutland Regional Medical Center offer a full range of diagnostic and treatment services. Our team works closely with each patient to provide them with a diagnosis and create an individualized treatment plan that addresses their specific concerns.
It is the goal of our staff to make our patients feel comfortable and at ease. In addition to our physicians, you will be cared for by a certified Physician Assistant and skilled nurses.
Conditions We Treat Include:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) examples: Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Swallowing Difficulties
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Gallbladder and Bile Duct Diseases
- Malabsorption of Nutrients and Fats
- A Full Array of Liver Diseases including Hepatitis B and C
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Esophageal Varices
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Lactose Intolerance
Through our Endoscopy Services our patients have access to the most advanced and least invasive endoscopic procedures available. These include:
- Colonoscopy (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Upper Intestinal Endoscopy (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Choledochoduodenoscopy (ERCP) and the Removal of Stones in the Bile Ducts
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Feeding Tubes (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy – PEG)
We also work closely with our Radiologists to offer Ultrasound Guided Liver Biopsy with Sedation.
When appropriate, patients who require surgery are referred to the general surgeons of the Rutland Region, experts in minimally invasive techniques used to treat a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions.