Support Services for Patients and Families
The Foley Cancer Center’s commitment to personalized cancer care encompasses the entire family. Our full range of support services for patients and families include:
- Complementary Therapies like Reiki, acupuncture and Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT), which have been proven to promote healing, relaxation and overall well-being, as well as to help relieve cancer treatment side effects.
- A Palliative Care Team that provides physical, psychosocial, spiritual and emotional care to those at the end of life or facing life-threatening illness.
- A Social Worker who provides counseling and other services which can reduce stress for you and your family through all phases of your cancer.
- A Patient Services Representative who provides services related to insurance and financial issues.
- Financial Counseling for patients who need help paying medical bills. Call 802.747.6264 to make an appointment with an advisor.
- Look Good/Feel Better, a free program sponsored by the American Cancer Society that provides cancer patients with wigs and teaches them how makeup can enhance their appearance. HairTrends in Rutland conducts a free consultation class at the Foley Cancer Center the second Tuesday of every month. There is no charge for this session. Wig fittings are also available to our patients at Hair Trends on Tuesdays. Call 802.773.0032 to make an appointment or for more information.
- Caregiver Support Groups that help caregivers cope with the practical and emotional challenges of caring for someone with cancer. Call for more information:
- The Interage Caregiver Support Group: Call 802.747.3587 for more information.
- The Rutland County Caregiver Coalition (provides education and resources): Call 802.772.2471 for more information.
- Man to Man Support Group that meets the fourth Wednesday of every month from 5:30-7pm in Rutland Regional Medical Center. Call 802.773.4848 for details. Although geared towards men, spouses and significant others are welcome.
- Woman to Woman Support Group that meets the first Tuesday of every month from 5-7pm in Rutland Regional Medical Center’s CVPS/Leahy Community Health Education Center. New members are always welcome. Call 802.747.1693 for details.
- Nutrition Services designed to help cancer patients establish and maintain a healthy diet before, during and between treatments, provided by a hospital registered dietitian. Tell your physician or nurse you’d like to receive a consultation.