The Foley Cancer Center Team
Members of our dedicated and experienced medical team work together to provide cancer patients with comprehensive, compassionate and multidisciplinary care. Treatment and services are based on each person’s individual needs, designed to guide the patient through diagnosis, treatment, recovery and beyond.
Foley Cancer Center team members include:
- Medical Oncologist. A board certified physician who specializes in treating cancer with chemotherapy – high powered medications designed to kill cancer cells.
- Physician Assistant (PA). A healthcare professional with a master's or doctorate degree who has been certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. PAs work collaboratively with physicians to provide a broad range of services, including conducting physical exams, ordering and interpreting tests, administering treatment, assisting in surgery and prescribing medications.
- Oncology Nurse. A registered nurse specially trained to care for cancer patients. Many have earned advanced-practice degrees or specialized certifications that make them able to administer chemotherapy, perform exams and work collaboratively with physicians.
- Research Nurse. A nurse responsible for the recruitment, enrollment, and management of all the patients involved with research studies.
- Research Data Manager. A Clinical Research Associate/Data Manager responsible for managing the data and results of our clinical trials.
- Social Worker. A master’s level health professional who provides individual, family and group counseling, referrals to community resources, and help with transportation, discharge planning and home care issues.
- Certified Breast Patient Navigator. A registered nurse whose primary responsibility is to guide, support and coordinate the care of women dealing with breast health or breast cancer issues. Certified in imaging, cancer and clinical breast exams.
- Radiation Oncologist. A board certified physician who specializes in treating cancer with radiation therapy.
- Radiation Therapist. A therapist with a science degree specializing in Radiation Therapy who administer the daily radiation treatments and perform the simulation process.
- Medical Dosimetrist. A member of the Radiation Oncology Team with a science degree specializing in Radiation Therapy who designs the treatment plan by means of a computer or manual computation to determine a treatment field technique that will deliver the prescribed radiation dose.
- Medical Physicist. A member of the Radiation Oncology Team involved in both the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancer and other debilitating diseases. These activities take the form of consultations with the Radiation Oncologist, Dosimetrist and Radiation Therapist.