The Intensive Care Unit
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a modern, 13-bed facility that treats critically ill adult medical and surgical patients who need complex, specialized medical care and constant monitoring. The ICU offers:
- Close Observation & Monitoring by Specially Trained Professionals
- Special Procedures at the Bedside
- State-of-the-Art Technology and Equipment
- Private Rooms with a Window, Television and Phone
Leading our intensive care team is a board-certified critical care physician (intensivist) and nurses with advanced training. ICU patients also benefit from the extensive range of skilled specialty physicians, respiratory therapists and other health professionals available at the hospital.
For Family and Visitors
Visitation is limited to immediate family and significant others. Children under the age of 12 are allowed to visit only with the approval of the patient’s nurse or charge nurse.
Local calls can be dialed out, however all incoming calls must be received and transferred from the nurse’s station. Please limit the number of individuals calling, and if possible, choose one family spokesman to receive and share information. Cell phones are prohibited in the ICU.
Services for Family and Visitors Include:
- Family Lounge. Located just outside the Intensive Care Unit, visitors and family can get comfortable in the family lounge and watch television or use the phone.
- Clergy. Clergy of all faiths can be summoned by Intensive Care Unit staff 24 hours a day.
- Food, Drinks and Gifts. A 24 hour Food Court is located on the main floor. A selection of newspapers, magazines, small gifts, cards, candy and gum can be purchased in the gift shop, located on the main floor (open Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 8pm, weekends 8am to 8pm).
- Library. Rutland Regional’s Health Information Library is located on the Fifth Floor and is open and staffed Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5pm.