Laboratory Services at Rutland Regional
Providing diagnostic services of the highest quality, Laboratory Services at Rutland Regional Medical Center utilizes advanced technology to deliver fast, accurate results that positively impact patient outcomes.
Lab capabilities include hematology, chemistry, anatomical pathology and microbiology, plus a blood bank and reference department. Our Lab serves every department in the hospital, including the Emergency Department and the Foley Cancer Center, as well as all of our off campus clinics and the community at large.
Services include diagnostic testing, collecting and diagnosing blood samples and analysis of other specimens for:
- Patients Who Have Been Discharged from the Hospital
- Patients Whose Doctors Have Requested Lab Tests
Rutland Regional’s Laboratory Services is led by an experienced Medical Director, who oversees a highly skilled, professional team that includes:
- Phlebotomists. Phlebotomists perform daily blood draws and collect other lab specimens for testing. More than 75% of Rutland’s phlebotomists are certified.
- Pathologists. Four experienced pathologists (medical doctors) work with Rutland physicians to diagnose disease by examining biopsies or bodily fluids and interpret medical laboratory tests to help prevent illness or monitor a chronic condition.
- Technologists. Rutland Regional’s Lab employs nearly 35 skilled lab technologists to assist physicians in effective diagnosis and monitoring of treatment regimens.
- Ancillary Staff. A full staff of prep technicians, administrative assistants and transcriptionist work assisting with daily lab functions.
The Lab at Rutland Regional Medical Center is open to provide testing 365 days/year, 24 hours a day. We also have six blood draw stations conveniently located around the Rutland region. Our lab provides a courier service for area providers, operating from 7am to 7pm. The courier service transports specimens for analysis from all over the central and southern VT area, as well as deliver completed patient reports.
While most services are provided on site, if a referral is required, Rutland Regional’s Laboratory Services will manage the process for you. Our Lab works closely with both Fletcher Allen Health Care and the Mayo Clinic.
Outpatient Lab requisitions can be faxed to 802.747.6256.