Occupational Health at Rutland Regional Medical Center develops programs and provides services for employers and employees in our community that reduce injuries and related expenses. We provide consulting and services for:
- Drug and Alcohol Screenings. Rutland Regional provides comprehensive drug and alcohol screenings for employers and employees, including:
- Pre-employment screenings
- Random and post-accident drug screenings
- Breath alcohol testing that meets DOT and non-DOT standards
- Job Safety. Our expert medical team analyzes worksites and job responsibilities to make workplaces safer and implement safety measures. Our Safe Work Team also provides workplace ergonomic assessments and worksite design evaluation.
- Injury Management. When an on-the-job injury does occur, our skilled team of physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, and physical & occupational therapists work together to provide injured employees with the treatment they need to heal and return to work as soon as possible. Our services are comprehensive, from diagnosis through rehabilitation. Additionally, our staff is experienced at working within the workers’ compensation system.
- Medical Case Management. Our RN Case Management System takes the frustration and confusion out of workers’ compensation claims. A registered nurse, specially assigned to your employee’s case, will continually communicate their medical progress to you and your insurance carrier.
- Emergency Care. Rutland Regional’s Emergency Department provides 24 hour access to immediate medical care. Employees injured on the job are treated by experienced emergency room staff who communicate follow-up needs to the Occupational Health group, assuring you and your employee of a seamless transition of care.
- Compliance Programs. Our Occupational Health group will consult with your company and create an evaluation and action plan that ensures your company’s compliance with federal, OSHA and state regulations.
- Pre-Employment Physicals. The Occupational Health team performs full physical examinations that meet the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as well as DOT and non-DOT requirements.
- Health Surveillance Tests. Health surveillance tests help employers stay compliant with OSHA regulations for respiratory and HAZMAT employers. Tests include pulmonary function tests, chest x-rays, audiograms and blood tests.
- Immunizations. We provide on- and off-site immunization programs for at-risk employees include hepatitis B vaccines, tetanus, rabies and flu.
- Education Programs. Based upon your organization's needs, Occupational Health develops and administers effective education programs on virtually any safety-related topic.
- Functional and ADA Compliant Job Descriptions. Our team helps employers create job descriptions based upon essential job functions, and then matches those functions to their physical requirements, creating a performance-measuring baseline compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. These job descriptions can be used as injury-prevention tools.