Patients who need physical therapy after an illness or injury, or to manage a chronic condition such as arthritis, will find the comprehensive and compassionate care they need to get back to living life to its fullest.
Care is individualized and delivered at Rutland Regional in a sunlight-filled, state-of-the-art gym specially designed to meet the needs of patients rehabilitating from a wide range of conditions and illnesses.
Specialized Treatment Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine. Therapy customized to help athletes of all ages and abilities quickly and safely return to the sports and daily activities they enjoyed before their injury; increase their strength and endurance; and prevent future injuries.
- Joint Replacement Rehabilitation. Patients who have had knee or hip replacement benefit from specialized therapy that begins in the hospital and continues after discharge to help regain maximum mobility and function.
- Balance Clinic/Vestibular Therapy. Therapists use assistive devices and specialized vestibular therapy exercises to help people with balance issues, such as chronic dizziness and vertigo, learn to walk and function safely.
- Arthritis Treatment. Specialized treatment to help patients with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid conditions and osteoporosis manage pain and increase mobility and strength.
- Neurological Disorders Treatment. Physical therapists and neurology staff work collaboratively to assess and create individualized rehabilitation and treatment plans for patients with neurological illnesses and injuries, such as stroke, head and spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- Lymphedema Therapy. An outpatient program that combines bandaging, drainage and massage techniques to help reduce the painful and uncomfortable arm or leg swelling that can follow a mastectomy or occur as a side effect of chronic venous insufficiency.
- Wheelchair Clinic. Patients with neurological or orthopedic diagnoses receive a specialized evaluation and instruction designed to promote proper wheelchair seating and help reduce the risk of deformities, prevent skin breakdown and improve overall function.
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Evaluation and Treatment. Full rehabilitation services for amputees and other patients requiring supportive or assistive devices or services.