Rutland Regional’s experienced, licensed, speech-language pathologists specialize in evaluating and treating speech, language and swallowing disorders in people of all ages.
Treatments are customized to best meet each patient’s individual needs, goals and preferences. They include exercises to improve voice, swallowing ability, oral motor function, as well as strategies to improve language and cognitive functioning.
Specialized Therapies Include:
- VitalStim electrical stimulation for appropriate patients with swallowing disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment Program, which improves voice loudness and intelligibility in patients with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders
- State-of-the-Art Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies to assess complex swallowing dysfunction
- Sona-Speech™ Voice Analysis to assess and treat a variety of voice and motor-speech disorders
Common Conditions Our Speech-Language Pathologists Treat Include:
- Brain Tumors and Injury
- Degenerative Neuromuscular Diseases
- Head/Neck Cancer
- Head Trauma
- Neurological Diseases
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- Voice Disorders