Rutland Women’s Healthcare
Women of all ages achieve and maintain better health with Rutland Women’s Healthcare. Our obstetricians and gynecologists are the most well-known and well-respected in the region, providing you with a comprehensive, personal approach to healthcare.
Working collaboratively with experienced women's health nurses and other highly-trained professionals, our physicians offer a complete range of medical and preventive care, all in one convenient location. These services include preventative gynecology, routine breast cancer screenings, maternity services, and high-tech, minimally-invasive surgical procedures for pelvic pain, uterine fibroids, endometriosis and other urogynecological conditions.
- Gynecological Services. A full array of medical and preventive care designed to meet the needs of women at every stage of life, from the teenage years to menopause and beyond.
- Maternity Services. Expectant mothers receive comprehensive before, during and after pregnancy care in the warm, nurturing environment at Rutland Regional.
- Gynecological Oncology Services. Comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for women with ovarian, uterine, cervical and other forms of gynecologic cancer, provided in partnership with Rutland Regional’s Foley Cancer Center and Fletcher Allen Health Care.
Women’s Health Screenings
The Rutland Breast Care Program. The Breast Care Program provides comprehensive screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services needed for optimal breast health. Imaging services include diagnostic mammogram, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and minimally invasive biopsy. Each patient receives individualized support from our Certified Breast Patient Care Navigator.
Bone Density Testing. This test is especially important for women over 50, or past menopause, to keep track of their bone health and prevent, diagnose or manage osteoporosis. Doctors use bone density testing to:
- Identify decreases in bone density before you break a bone
- Determine your risk of broken bones (fractures)
- Confirm a diagnosis of osteoporosis if you've experienced broken bones
- Monitor osteoporosis treatment
With convenience and quality of care in mind, Rutland Regional makes it easy to schedule a bone density test at the same time as a mammogram. Both tests are available five days per week are performed during one appointment by the same technician.
Call 802.747.1880 to make an appointment with Central Scheduling. Mammography appointments can be made directly by the patient. Bone density testing requires a doctor's order.