Where to give birth is one of the most important decisions every new mother-to-be makes.
Rutland Regional Medical Center’s experienced physicians and staff are committed to making each woman’s pregnancy and childbirth experience the very best one possible, providing comprehensive care before, during and after pregnancy in a comfortable, nurturing, supportive environment.
Focused on mom and baby, our full scope of Maternity services include the very best:
- Pre-Natal Care. Our board-certified physicians provide all the services and screenings you need for a healthy pregnancy, from preconception through delivery. These include prenatal testing, diet and nutrition guidance, testing for gestational diabetes and childbirth preparation.
- Labor & Delivery. Committed to providing a birthing experience that’s as natural and comfortable as possible, maternity patients stay and deliver in a home-like hospital room, where they’re cared for by our experienced nurses. A woman’s support person is welcome and encouraged to be present throughout the mother’s hospital stay.
- Post-Natal Care. Rutland Regional’s multidisciplinary Women’s Health team provides new mothers and their partners with the education and support to successfully care for their baby and enter this new phase of life. Services that start in the hospital and then continue after mom and baby go home include:
- Breastfeeding Instruction and Support
- Parenting Instruction
- Emotional Support
- Referrals to Needed Community Services