Childbirth Preparation Classes
Expectant mothers and their support person can take advantage of educational and informative childbirth and childcare classes offered by Rutland Regional and the Rutland Area Visiting Nurse & Hospice (RAVNAH). Learn how to prepare for childbirth, get information about breastfeeding and take a tour of the hospital.
- Birth and Beyond. Childbirth Preparation Classes
- Childbirth Refresher. A Review for Couples Who Have Attended other Classes
- Sibling Classes. For New Brothers and Sisters
- Birthshop. One-Day Class for Childbirth Preparation
- Tours. Tour the Women’s and Children’s Unit at Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Breastfeeding. Information and Considerations
Why Take a Childbirth Class?
- Meet and Socialize with other Pregnant Families in the Community and Share Stories.
- Ask Questions about Pregnancy, Labor and Baby Care.
- Get your Family Involved in Your Experience of Pregnancy and Childbirth.
What Will You Learn?
- The Signs and Symptoms of Labor
- Learn Methods for Coping with the Pain of Childbirth
- What to Expect When You and Your Newborn are in the Hospital.
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Information about Cesareans and other Medical Procedures that May Occur, including Epidurals
- Take a Tour of the Women’s and Children’s Unit at Rutland Regional and Become Familiar with the Tub, Showers, Birthing Balls and other Techniques Used to Help Along the Birthing Process
- Where and Who to Call for Any Questions that May Come Up After the Class Has Ended
One couple in every class will win a car seat at a drawing on the last night of class.
Childbirth Preparation Class Details>>