A healthy mom and healthy pregnancy are key to having a healthy baby.
Rutland Regional Medical Center provides complete, comprehensive care before, during and after pregnancy in a warm, nurturing environment. Our OB/GYNs are, in fact, some of the most well-known and well-respected in the region, providing pregnant women with the full range of needed pre-natal testing services and medical care, along with caring guidance and support.
For women with complex pregnancies, our experienced caregivers work in partnership with maternal fetal experts who specialize in providing high-risk pre-natal care at one of Rutland Regional’s partner hospitals. We offer telemedicine consults with our Maternal Fetal Medicine partners for the convenience of our patients.
Most pregnant women are seen monthly during the first and second trimesters and then more frequently during the third. Women are supported to maintain their very best health during pregnancy by:
- Eating a Nutritious Diet High in Fruits and Vegetables and Low in Red Meats and Fat
- Avoiding Tobacco and Alcohol
- Exercising Regularly
- Sleeping at Least Six to Eight Hours a Night
- Limiting Caffeine and Avoiding Artificial Sweeteners
- Avoiding Medications that Are Not Prescribed by Your Doctor
- Avoiding Exposure to Pesticides and Other Hazardous Chemicals
Other important steps in preparing for childbirth and becoming a parent include:
Rutland Regional's Health Info Library is also a great resource, providing expectant mothers and their family with valuable information right at your fingertips, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.