The Center for Sleep Disorders Team
Our specialized staff at the Rutland Regional Center for Sleep Disorders work together to provide patients with the best available treatment for sleep disorders.
Your team may include a:
- Sleep Specialist. A physician specializing in Sleep Medicine and board certified in Sleep Medicine.
- Dentist. A dentist who has received additional training in sleep medicine and can provide patients experiencing sleep apnea or snoring issues with oral appliance therapy.
- Clinical Social Worker. A licensed mental health professional who provides individual and/or group therapy for the treatment of insomnia using a cognitive-behavioral approach to address underlying thoughts, assumptions and beliefs about sleep as well as behaviors that interfere with sleep hygiene.
- Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist. A surgeon specializing in the treatment of the head and neck that can help patients control snoring or sleep apnea.
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist. A sleep technologist is a certified medical professional that conducts, scores and summarizes sleep studies on patients.
- Respiratory Therapist. A certified medical professional who treats people with breathing disorders that may affect sleep, such as asthma or emphysema.