When it comes to treating orthopaedic injuries and conditions, the specialists at Vermont Orthopaedic Clinic offer a full range of non-invasive treatment options to get you back to a normal, active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Your Non-Surgical Care Plan May Include:
- Physiatry. Medications, epidural steroids, trigger point injections, acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation, NSAIDS/cortisone injections, and modalities such as heat or ice can be used to control pain, while specialized therapy is enlisted to restore functionality to muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Physical Therapy. Motion-based exercises are utilized to promote increased strength, mobility and functionality to affected areas. Inpatient, outpatient and at-home programs are designed to best fit your needs.
- Occupational Therapy. Specialized exercises focus on regaining the functionality needed for normal day-to-day activities such as walking, eating, getting in and out of bed, and getting to the bathroom.
- Orthotics. Custom-fitted shoe inserts or braces can be utilized for gait-related issues, often a source of orthopaedic conditions in the lower extremities.
- Medications. Singularly or in combination, several medications can help to relieve pain and discomfort to promote healing. Options may include NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), muscle relaxants and narcotic drugs.