At Rutland Regional Medical Center our commitment to providing superior medical care goes far beyond what happens within the walls of the hospital facility. Through the strength of our people, technology and relationships, Rutland Regional promotes the health of the community we serve with a variety of health programming initiatives.
Our efforts are prioritized in accordance with recent Rutland County Community Health Assessments which identified key needs to: increase access to and affordability of health and human services; increase prevention efforts for all; and reduce substance abuse.
Activities to advance our community commitment include:
- Charity Care. Rutland Regional provides low and no-cost care for eligible residents of our area through a financial assistance program.
- Coalitions and Partnerships. Through collaboration with regional organizations, Rutland Regional supports the health and well-being of our community.
- Donations and Sponsorships. Rutland Regional supports a variety of organizations in our community that promote health and healthy living across the region. Support may be through donations, sponsorships and employee participation.
- Professional Education and Training. Rutland Regional collaborates with an array of educational programs to plan, orient and supervise students, from high school through professional, who are interested in, or pursuing careers in medical fields.
- Workforce Development. Rutland Regional works collaboratively to maintain a diverse professional healthcare workforce to address the medical and health needs of our community, recruiting professional staff and others throughout the year.
- Community Health Improvement Initiatives. Rutland Regional provides free services and educational programming as a key support for the continuing health of our community.
- Grant Funding Support. The Bowse Health Trust provides grant awards to innovative programs that measurably improve the health of Rutland County residents.
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Advocacy. In collaboration with the Vermont Department of Health and other community organizations, Rutland Regional Medical Center works to identify the health needs of its communities and advocate for positive change.
Rutland Regional Medical Center, as required by federal regulations, conducts a Community Health Needs Assessment every three years. Find out more>>>