If you have specific questions and concerns, please call our COVID-19 HOTLINE: 802.786.4299, 9am-4pm daily.
COVID-19 Hospital & Clinic Patient
Policy Updated: Friday, March 20, 2020
In response to the presence of COVID-19 in Vermont, Rutland Regional Medical Center will restrict visitors (Inpatient and Outpatient) at all Rutland Regional locations to protect our patients and care providers.
All patients may continue to access Rutland Regional facilities for appointments, tests and services.
An essential support person includes:
- No visitors for COVID-19 suspected or positive patients.
- Obstetric patients may have one support person per stay.
- Pediatric patients under 18 may have one support person per stay.
- For end of life patients, the treatment team is responsible for determining the need for Essential Support people and if the need is for more than one.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, in which a support person is essential to their care, may have one support person per day.
- Patients who have altered mental status, developmental delays, or lack decision-making capacity may have one support person per day.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one support person who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery is complete and the support person has received post-procedure instructions.
- Patients who have an appointment at a clinic, are here for an outpatient test, or who are visiting the Emergency Department may have a support person if their presence is essential for the visit.
- Children under 18 may not visit or accompany a patient anywhere in the facility.
- Essential Support people may not linger or congregate in a hallway, the Food Court, the Gift Shop or other common area.
- Advocates from Disability Rights Vermont and other legally authorized individuals will be permitted to enter the facility when necessary.
Access to the main hospital building will be limited to the following entrances and times:
Stratton Road Entrance
- Open 5:30AM to 9:30PM, Daily
- After 9:30PM essential support people may be admitted for exceptional circumstance.