COVID-19 Hospital & Clinic Patient
Policy Updated: Monday, July 20, 2020
In response to the presence of COVID-19 in Vermont, Rutland Regional Medical Center will restrict visitors (Inpatient and Outpatient) at all Rutland Regional locations to protect our patients and care providers.
All patients may continue to access Rutland Regional facilities for appointments, tests and services.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions:
- Visitors and Essential Support People (ESP) may enter inpatient/acute units or the Emergency Department if:
- They reside in Vermont or Washington or Warren counties in New York, which are part of the Rutland Regional service area; and/or
- They have not traveled outside of Vermont or Washington or Warren counties within the last fourteen days; or
- If they have traveled, they certify that they have completed a 14- day quarantine or a 7- day quarantine followed by a negative test by completing the COVID-19 Certification of Compliance form.
- No visitors for COVID-19 suspected or positive patients
- All patients and visitors must enter through the Stratton Road Entrance (unless going to the Emergency Department) – All screening measures remain the same
- All visitors and ESP who enter the facility will have a record of their name, contact information, and time of entry and exit on a log that is retained for 90-days
- Visitors and support people will be given a "Visitor" badge for the day of the visit.
- Pediatric patients may have two parents/guardians or one parent/guardian and one consistent visitor per stay
- End of Life patients may have two visitors at one time
- Hospital Visiting Hours
- Inpatients: 10am-6pm, Monday-Sunday
- Emergency Department: one consistent visitor is permitted regardless of time
- PSIU/PICU: Monday-Thursday 4-8pm, Friday-Sunday, 1-8pm
- RRMC Pharmacy
- Patients can now come in to the RRMC Pharmacy to pick up prescriptions Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-5pm
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding prescription pick-up, please reach out to the pharmacy at 802.747.1777 to discuss any unique accommodations needed.
- Outpatient Clinic Restrictions
- Visitor and family members may not accompany a patient unless they are named an essential support person by the treatment team
We still ask that you continue to wear masks, wash your hands frequently, and observe 6' social distancing measures. These policies are to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order and Vermont Agency of Human Services guidelines.
Access to the main hospital building will be limited to the following entrances and times:
Stratton Road Entrance
- Open 5:30AM to 7PM, Daily
- Open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week