COVID-19 Hospital & Clinic Patient
Policy Updated: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Rutland Regional Medical Center announced an update to the hospital’s visitation policy in response to the State of Vermont’s attaining an 80% vaccination rate among eligible Vermonters. This update goes into effect Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
All patients may continue to access Rutland Regional facilities for appointments, tests and services.
All visitors will continue to be screened upon entry and must continue to wear face masks.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions:
General Inpatient Visitation
- Two designated visitors total, per day, per inpatient
- Visitors do not need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Essential Support Persons (ESP) will be permitted for certain patient populations (see COVID positive section below)
- Visitors must comply with COVID screening
- Children under 18 may not visit or accompany a patient
General Outpatient Visitation
Essential Support Persons for COVID Positive patients
- COVID Positive Pediatric and Labor & Delivery patients may have a visitor for the duration of the stay. The visitor must remain in the room.
- COVID Positive End-of-Life patients may have a visitor. The visitor must remain in the room.
Visitation by Clergy
- Fully vaccinated members of the clergy may visit without restrictions
- All visitors will continue to be screened upon entry and must continue to wear face masks
- Only ADA service animals may accompany a patient
- All other animals, excluding previously approved therapy dogs and support animals, are not permitted
People Who Are Not Visitors: Certain categories of individuals who interact with patients are not visitors and are not subject to this policy. Such individuals include people who are part of the broader treatment team such as interpreters and doulas, advocates from Disability Rights Vermont and other legally authorized individuals will be permitted to enter the facility when necessary.
Outpatient Clinic Restrictions:
Outpatient Clinics will allow one visitor to accompany a patient. Visitors must not be COVID positive and be symptom-free. The screening process still applies to all people who enter the clinics.
All visitors must comply with this policy or they will be escorted from the property
All visitors must continue to wear masks , and are encouraged to wash hands frequently, and to observe 6' social distancing measures. These policies are to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in compliance with the CDC Guidelines.
Access to the main hospital building will be limited to the following entrances and times:
Stratton Road Entrance
- Open 5:30AM to 7PM, Daily
- Open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week
Children under 18 may not visit or accompany a patient. However, a child may accompany a parent as part of a Women’s Health clinic appointment.