The Vermont Blueprint for Health is a state‐led initiative that transforms the way that health care and overall health services are delivered in Vermont. The goal of the Blueprint is to provide the community with a continuum of seamless, effective, and preventive health services, while reducing medical costs.
At the heart of the Vermont Blueprint for Health are:
- Patients – individual and unique receiving the personal attention and support they need to take charge of their own health
- Doctors and their health care teams – available when needed
- Community Health Teams that connect you to resources beyond the doctor’s office
- Workshops and support groups that help patients reach their own goals
- Prevention and wellness services
- Computerized health records
- Free services
As an active participant in the Vermont Blueprint for Health, Rutland Regional is working with area primary care providers to implement the Blueprint Medical Home model of service delivery, through our Community Health Team Program. Our program provides needed resources to primary care providers to improve the management of patients with chronic diseases.
Community Health Team members work hand in hand with patients, doctors and their staff to help patients set goals and receive the education and tools they need to improve their health. Focused on both treatment and prevention, these teams include nurses and specialists in nutrition, exercise, counseling, and more. Their focus is to help patients:
- Eat healthier
- Become more physically active
- Quit smoking
- Understand their treatment plan
- Manage their medications
- Manage their health condition
- Connect with local resources such as transportation services, and community walking paths
- Talk to someone about challenges getting in the way of leading a healthier life
- Transition care from a hospital stay back to a primary care doctor
- Prevent small problems from becoming big ones
Healthier Living Workshops
An important component in the Blueprint are Healthier Living Workshops, coordinated by Rutland Regional's Community Education team. These six-week long workshops are designed for people living with chronic conditions and have been shown to improve the health of patients along with reducing emergency room use and in-patient admissions.
To register for a Healthier Living Workshop class, search Rutland Regional Medical Center's Classes and Events.