Nursing Education Scholarship
The Rotary Club of Rutland has established a scholarship award for local students pursuing a career in healthcare with a preference toward nursing or achieving LNA licensure. In 2020 the Club will support a $2,000 scholarship to a deserving candidate enrolled at Castleton University or Vermont Technical College to pursue a career in healthcare with preference toward nursing, or candidates enrolled at Stafford Technical Center to achieve LNA licensure.
The following individuals are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Graduating high school seniors attending Castleton University, Vermont Technical College or Stafford Technical Center
Applications must be completed and returned by September 15, 2020 to be considered. Awards will be announced by October 15, 2020.
All applications must include:
- A completed and signed application form
- 300-500 word essay articulating why you have chosen a career in healthcare, specifically nursing, and how a scholarship will
impact your choice
- Two letters of recommendation from references with the ability to comment on academic achievement, community
involvement and professional development
- Proof of acceptance or enrollment into an approved healthcare program (if the applicant has not yet begun the program)
- Transcript from the current or most recent educational institution (optional)
The criteria for selection of the scholarship recipient(s) shall include, but is not limited to:
- The letters of recommendation
- The applicant’s essay
Details of the award:
- A $2,000 scholarship in 2020 will be awarded and is not renewable.
- The scholarship awards may be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load.
- Extra favor for applicants considering a career in the Rutland Region.
- Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the educational institution in January 2021 of the award year, and is contingent on the successful completion of the first semester of study.
- Applicants must provide the registrar contact information at the institution they will be attending.
How do I know if my application is complete?
- Applicants will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org that your application has been received.
- The required supporting documents must be emailed or mailed with your application by the application deadline. If you do not include all the necessary documents, your application may not be considered. Documents that meet the criteria required for the scholarship application, and are emailed or mailed by the September 15, 2020 deadline, will be processed and considered on time. Email application and supporting documents to email@example.com or mail via US Postal service to:
Rutland Regional Medical Center
160 Allen Street, Rutland, VT 05701
- A .zip file containing more than one file in an acceptable format (i.e. pdf, .tiff, .png, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .bmp and .xps.).