Rutland Regional Medical Center is offering a comprehensive postgraduate year 1 (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency.
The purpose of the program is to provide a challenging and rewarding environment in which our residents can learn and train — advancing the knowledge and skills they need to work as pharmacists in a range of settings.
Our residents will develop important problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of their accountability and responsibility to their patients. The curriculum is designed to build upon their existing knowledge of medication-related care by providing frequent and direct patient care experience.
PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Our residents will develop important problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of their accountability and responsibility to their patients. Our curriculum is designed to build upon their existing knowledge of medication-related care by providing frequent and direct patient care experience. Additionally, residents will learn to monitor and assess their own performance to continually improve their practice during their residency and beyond.
We are pleased to announce that the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at Rutland Regional Medical Center has achieved accredited status from the American Society of Health System Pharmacists® (ASHP) for a full eight year cycle. This accreditation means we have developed a program that has been evaluated using a set of industry standards that assures residents receive a high quality, comprehensive learning experience.
General Program Information
- Number of PGY1 Pharmacy Residents: Two
- Period of Appointment: July - July
- Salary: PGY1 Pharmacy resident salary is $48,000, which will be paid over 26 pay periods.
- Combined Time Off (CTO)
Residents will accrue 25 days of CTO during residency year. Ten CTO days can be used toward vacation time; the remaining CTO is available for illness, interviews and attendance at professional meetings.
Health, dental, prescription and vision benefits are available through Rutland Regional Medical Center.
No formal on-call responsibilities will be assigned.
Each resident will be designated a desk area in the pharmacy department and provided with a laptop and smartphone. Additionally, within the department, the resident will have access to printers, scanners, a fax machine, refrigerators and a locker.
Following orientation, residents will be required to staff central pharmacy services every other weekend, as well as two holidays (one summer, one winter) throughout their residency year.
Each resident will be expected to attend ASHP Midyear and the Eastern States Residency Conference. Travel reimbursement will be provided per hospital policy.
- Applicant Deadline is January 4, 2021
- Applicants must be a graduate of an ACPE accredited program or equivalent
- Candidates are required to submit their CV, a letter of intent, three letters of recommendation and their official college of pharmacy transcripts via PhORCAS
- Selected applicants are required to have an on-site interview
Learning experiences are designed to provide residents with a range of relevant experience.
- Orientation (7 weeks) Michele Havens PharmD, BCPS
- Internal Medicine (9 weeks) Jennifer Burrier, PharmD, BCPS
- Anticoagulation (8 weeks) Alison Notte, RPh, CACP
- Administration (4 weeks) Saisha Branchaud, PharmD, BCPS
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (6 weeks) Emily Piehl, PharmD
- Discharge Transitions (9 weeks) Melanie McAtee, PharmD, BCGP
- Sterile Compounding (3 weeks) Michele Havens, PharmD, BCPS
Longitudinal (Elective): 10 months
Teaching and Learning Program provided in affiliation with Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Teaching certificate will be provided following successful completion of Teaching and Learning Program.
Elective: (Pick one)