Social workers and case managers at Rutland Regional Medical Center help patients and families connect with community organizations, state and local agencies and other resources.
- Aging’s Helping Hand: 802.775.8069. A private agency assisting families in exploring the decision making and financial complexities related to nursing home placement and long term planning. This is a fee for service agency.
- Bayada Home Health Care and Hospice: 802.775.7272. Bayada Home Health Care and Hospice assists with direct care in the home for people who are homebound.
- Caregiver Support Group: 802.747.3587. Mutual support group for caregivers of aging, ill, or disabled persons. Meeting every month at Interage in Rutland.
- Council on Aging: 802.786.5990. A United Way sponsored agency providing cost free services to help with a wide range of issues pertaining to the elderly and/or disabled.
- Meals on Wheels: 802.775.0133. Home delivered meals for the elderly and/or disabled.
- Organ Donation: Rutland Regional Medical Center’s Social Work Department 802.747.3713; Center for Donation & Transplant 518.262.5606; www.donatelifevt.org. Rutland Regional’s Advance Directive includes an opportunity for patients to indicate or not they are interested in organ donation. Uniform donor cards, as well as informative brochures, are available throughout the hospital. The organ donation information distributed to the community is provided by the Center for Donation and Transplant (CDT) in Albany, NY.
- Marrow Donor Program. The Rutland Regional Marrow Donor Program conducts bone marrow testing to add potential donors to the National Be The Match Registry. Adding new donors gives hope to thousands of patients who need to go outside their family for a matching donor. Learn more by calling Kerry Ellis at 802.772.6267 or Jennifer St. Peter at 401.248.5768.
- Rutland Mental Health: 802.775.2381; Crisis 24-hour number: 802.775.1000. Area mental health services.
- Social Security Administration: 802.775.0893. Assists with a wide range of issues pertaining to those eligible for Social Security or Social Security Disability.
- The Bus: 802.773.3244. Wheelchair capable transportation; provider for Medicaid.
- VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region (formerly called RAVNAH): 802.775.0568. Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice assists with direct care in the home for people who are homebound.
- Vermont 2-1-1. A database of state-wide resources that can be accessed by telephone by dialing 2-1-1 or on the internet by visiting at www.vermont211.org. Sponsored by the United Ways of Vermont, the service is designed to provide residents with referrals to, and information about, government programs, community organizations, support groups and other resources.
- Washington County Public Health: 518.746.2400. Visiting nurse and rehabilitation services for homebound New York state residents.
- Women’s Network: 802.775.3232, toll free 1.800.228.7295. Women’s shelter network and resources.