This six week program offers support around techniques to improve overall health and manage disease symptoms. It offers support around problem solving, nutrition, exercise, talking to doctors or loved ones, medications, emotions, sleep and fatigue.
It is for anyone with a chronic condition such as depression, anxiety, heart disease, liver disease, COPD, emphysema, etc. It focuses on pain management, frustration, nutrition, pain, exercise, appropriate medication use, emotions, decision making and communicating with health care providers.
Free program to enhance your skills, and provide the tools and information to lead a healthier and happier life. This workshop is facilitated by trained leaders who personally understand chronic disease. Learn about:
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercise to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Proper Nutrition
- Decision making; how to evaluate new treatments