This is a weight loss program for overweight and obese community members, who would like to lose weight through modification of key behaviors that not only affect body weight, but also overall health and wellness. Topics to be covered in this course include nutrition, fitness and exercise, stress, food selection, and healthy sleep.
Expected participation would include:
- Weight and body measurements taken at the initial and final meeting.
- Attendance in weekly meetings that would include weigh-ins
- Actively supporting other participants by listening and giving encouragement
- Participants would be encouraged to share their own struggles with behavior change to the degree that they are comfortable doing so
- Exercise is a key component of this workshop. Participants will be asked to include this activity into their weight loss plans.
- Maintain a journal that would accurately document food and fluid intake, as well as exercise. Journals will be reviewed by the facilitator(s)
An optional exercise class will be offered prior to the meeting time of 6pm. This exercise class will be given 5:45-6:45pm by Aerobic Instructor, Melissa Cox.