This is a weight loss program for overweight and obese community members, who would like to lose weight through modification of key behaviors that not only affect body weight, but also overall health and wellness. Topics to be covered in this course include nutrition, fitness and exercise, stress, food selection, and healthy sleep.
Expected participation would include:
- Weight and body measurements taken at the initial and final meeting.
- Attendance in weekly meetings that would include weigh-ins
- Actively supporting other participants by listening and giving encouragement
- Participants would be encouraged to share their own struggles with behavior change to the degree that they are comfortable doing so
- Exercise is a key component of this workshop. Participants will be asked to include this activity into their weight loss plans.
- Maintain a journal that would accurately document food and fluid intake, as well as exercise. Journals will be reviewed by the facilitator(s)
Please be aware; if this class is full and you would like to be placed on a waiting list, call Community Education at 802.772.2400. There are often spots that become available up to the start of the the class, and you will be notified if that happens. The waiting operates on a first come, first serve basis.