- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
- Year began practicing in specialty:
- Comprehensive Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Dartmouth College, Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Master of Public Health
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts, Internal Medicine
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Infectious Diseases
- Mayo Clinic, Transplant/Infectious Disease
A busy father of five, John Gavin Cotter, MD brings his years of experience in treating a broad array of infectious diseases – ranging from viral infections including influenza & hepatitis to bacterial infections – to Rutland Regional.
Born in Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Cotter graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Movement and Sports Science from Purdue University. He received his Doctor of Medicine from Memorial University of Newfoundland in 2000. Dr. Cotter completed an Internal Medicine Residency at University of Massachusetts, and completed Fellowships in Infectious Disease at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Transplant Infectious Disease at the Mayo Clinic. Additionally, he received his Master of Public Health from Dartmouth College.
Dr. Cotter is board-certified in Internal Medicine, and Infectious Disease and holds board certification and Specialist Designation from the American Academy of HIV Medicine. Dr. Cotter lectures extensively on a variety of topics pertaining to Infectious Diseases and has been published in a variety of healthcare journals.
Dr. Cotter and his wife, Dr. Thusitha Cotter and their children reside in Mendon.
American Board of Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease