- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
Areas of Interest
Anticoagulation, Cardiology, IV Sterile Compounding, Nutrition Support, Geriatrics, Medication Reconciliation and discharge counseling
Michele graduated from Albany College of Pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 2006. She was recognized as Clinical Employee of the Quarter in 2015 for her professionalism, expertise and passionate care. She demonstrates a strong sense of compassion to patients in our Anticoagulation clinic. Michele is a personable, dedicated and empathetic pharmacist who takes pride in her work as an Ambulatory Care Pharmacist at the Rutland Heart Center's Anticoagulation Medication Management Clinic and inpatient clinical pharmacist at Rutland Regional. She is detail oriented and motivated to improve patient care through one-on-one patient counseling, overseeing Pharmacy IV Cleanroom activities, and collaborative practice with the healthcare team to increase patient compliance and adherence to their medication regimen to provide the safest and highest quality of care to all.
In her free time, Michele enjoys spending time with family and friends, running, reading, camping and outdoor activities.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Vermont- Board Member, 2014-present
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Vermont Society of Health-System Pharmacists (VtSHP)
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
Honors, Awards, etc.
Clinical Employee of the Quarter, Rutland Regional Medical Center – 2015
ASHP Vermont Delegate, ASHP Summer meeting/conference – 2009
- BCPS - BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) certification, 2014
- APhA Pharmacy Based Immunization Delivery Certification, 2003 & 2009
- ASHP Advanced Sterile Product Preparation Training and Certificate Program, expected completion date 2019