- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
Areas of Interest
Comprehensive Medication Management, Discharge Transition, Geriatric Medicine, Hepatitis C Virus Treatment, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
- Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Doctor of Pharmacy
Melanie is a 2014 graduate of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences who has deep roots at Rutland Regional starting as a Saturday morning volunteer and also worked in Dietary as a tray carrier. In 2020, Melanie became the first board-certified geriatric pharmacist at RRMC and was the recipient of the Pharmacist Mutual Vermont Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year Award. She proudly has worked to advance the profession of pharmacy at RRMC in her role as the Lead Quality Medication Reconciliation Pharmacist. Some initiatives she has worked on include her work in the Comprehensive Medication Management and Infectious Disease clinic, development and implementation of the Medication REACH Program, and her role in the PGY1 pharmacy residency program.
Melanie was born and raised in Vermont and is proud to be raising her children with strong Vermont values. Every spring Melanie can be found hauling sap and boiling in her family's sugar house. Summers are spent on Lake Bomoseen and attempting to weed the family's garden. In the fall her family enjoys apple picking and taking in the incredible fall foliage. Winter's she enjoys snowshoeing and supporting the Vermont Association of Snow Travelers on and off the trails. The fifth season, mud season, usually overlaps with sugaring season.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacist (ASHP)- Member
- Vermont Pharmacist Association (VPA)- 2021 Secretary, Board Member
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Pharmacist Mutual 2020 Vermont Distinguish Young Pharmacist of the Year, 2020
- Journey to Excellent Winner: Superior Service, Feb 2020
- Recognition for designing and implementing new process to help Outpatient Infusion
- Journey to Excellent Winner: Superior Service,: November 2019
- Recognition for going above and beyond to provide appropriate education to a patient and their family
- Journey to Excellent Winner: Superior Service, July 2017
- Recognition for enhancing a patient’s medication literacy
- United States Public Health Service Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Practice Award, 2014
- Excellence in Pharmacy Award: The Mylan Institute of Pharmacy, 2014