Attention: Visitor Restrictions
Due to COVID-19 concerns, we have a Visitor Policy in place. Please read the policy prior to visiting.
Patient & Family Guide
This guide was created by our hospital staff after valuable input from patients and family members. Please use it to help guide you through your hospital stay.
Download the Guide
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, it is our vision is to be the Best Community Healthcare System in New England, and we are continually working toward that goal.
We put our patients first, providing superior medical care in a respectful, safe and caring environment. Our medical professionals and staff work together as a team to provide patients and their families with the services and support they need.
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, we believe that an involved, informed patient is an empowered one. We encourage you to take an active role in your treatment by voicing any questions or concerns over the course of your care plan.
Our Partnership Pledge
At Rutland Regional Medical Center, we take a team approach to your safety. We invite you and your family to join us as active members of your care team.
We Pledge To:
- Coordinate Your Care
- Explain Your Care and Treatment
- Listen to Your Questions or Concerns
- Ask If You Have Safety Concerns and Take Steps to Address Them
- Ask about Your Pain Often and Keep You as Comfortable as Possible
- Check Your Identification Before any Medication, Treatment, or Procedure
- Label all Lab Samples in Your Presence
- Clean Our Hands Often
We Ask You or a Loved One To:
- Ask Questions of Your Healthcare Team
- Speak Up if You Are Concerned about a Test, Procedure or Medicine
- Check the Information on Your ID Bracelet for Accuracy
- Be Clear and Complete about Your Medical History, including current Medications
- Clean Your Hands Often and Remind Your Visitors to Do the Same
- Remind Us if We Do Not Carry Out our Pledge to You