Vermont Health Connect is a ‘health insurance exchange’ that provides Vermonters with options for purchasing health insurance plans. There are two health insurance companies and one dental insurance company that Vermont has approved to offer the plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP Healthcare. Together, they offer over a dozen health plans, and Delta Dental offers dental insurance plans. To check out the various plans, go to VermontHealthConnect.gov or call them directly at 855.899.9600.
Who Is Vermont Health Connect For?
Vermont Health Connect is for individuals, families and small businesses in Vermont. This includes:
- Vermonters who do not have health insurance
- Vermonters who currently purchase insurance for themselves
- Vermonters who have Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur
- Vermonters who are offered “unaffordable” coverage by their employers
- Small businesses in Vermont that provide coverage for their employees
Many Vermonters will be eligible for tax credits and other forms of financial assistance to help pay for the cost of health care.
Who Can I Contact to Help Me with My Options?
If you want to meet with someone to help explain Vermont Health Connect, its options and how to choose a plan through the website, there is help. In every community there are organizations that have staff that have been trained as Certified Application Counselors (CAC), also called In-Person Assisters. A CAC can sit down with you; explain the different health plans, and what state financial support you qualify for. Here are a list and phone numbers of the organizations in Rutland County that have CAC:
- Rutland Community Health Center
215 Stratton Rd, Rutland, VT
- CHCRR Pediatrics
1 General Wing Rd, Rutland, VT
- Castleton Family Health Center
275 Route 30 North, Bomoseen, VT
- Brandon Medical Center
420 Grove St, Brandon, VT
- Mettowee Valley Family Health Center
278 Route 149, West Pawlet, VT
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
160 Allen St, Rutland, VT
- Rutland Free Clinic
145 State St, Rutland, VT
Call a CAC to set up an appointment to find out what your options are.