Telehealth at Rutland Regional
As our community deals with the daily difficulties of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing guidelines make it hard to do many things, including going to doctor's appointments. Telehealth is a great option in these types of situations. Your clinic will let you know if they feel a video chat with your provider is right for you. Telehealth isn't right for everyone, but your doctor's office will work with you to determine the best option for you and your health.
What You Will Need:
- A computer or mobile device that has Internet Access; please use either Google, Safari, or Firefox based on the device you will use.
- Test your device to make sure it has sound or audio and video capabilities; you will need to be able to hear and be heard, see and be seen during the appointment.
- A quiet space to reduce background noise and distractions while providing privacy.
- The link sent to you from your physician’s office.
Please Be Prepared for Your Telehealth Visit 15 Minutes Ahead of Time:
- Have your device set up and ready before your visit so you are prepared and comfortable when your appointment starts.
- Go to the following link once your device is set up to make sure your connection is working: https://doxy.me/precall-test
How to Start Your Telehealth Visit:
- Click on the link sent to you from your physician’s office OR
- Using your web/internet browser type in the doxy.me website address sent to you from your physician’s office.
- Doxy.me will then bring you into your physician’s virtual waiting room.
- Your device should ask you before placing you in the waiting room if you want to allow doxy.me access to your camera and audio; please allow access.
- When your physician is finished with their previous patient, they will appear on your screen.
- If you cannot hear or see the physician, please make sure you have enabled doxy.me to access audio and camera as instructed in the Preparation Ahead of Time bullet #2. If you are still having issues, please call your provider’s office.