To improve the continuity and accuracy of patient information, and to best communicate within a collaborative medical team environment, Rutland Regional Medical Center has moved to an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. With all of your medical and health information gathered into one record, and available to providers within the system, this means easier, faster access to vital information.
Get your medical records
Rutland Regional is pleased to offer online access to your health records via the Patient Portal. This offers you a convenient, secure way to access your records and connect with Rutland Regional through self-service online tools.
For a copy of your Rutland Regional medical records:
- The Health Information Management (HIM) department can usually respond to requests for medical records within 30 days. The average turnaround time is 2-4 weeks.
- Records cannot be provided immediately or "on the spot" due to the time it takes to gather the requested information and process the request.
- Medical records may be mailed to you, or you may make an appointment to pick them up in the HIM department.
- Medical records may be faxed to your physician.
You can get printed copies of your records in the following ways:
- Your doctor can request your records.
The doctor's office can call 802.747.3654 to request your medical records. We will fax the requested records directly to the clinic. This is the quickest way for your doctor to receive your medical records.
- You can call to request the form to get your records.
Call us at 802.747.3654. An authorization form will be sent to your address. Complete the authorization form, then either mail or fax the form to 802.747.3656.
- Print the authorization form and mail or fax it.
Complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Healthcare Information Form and either mail the form to the HIM office listed or fax the form to 802.747.3656.
- If you are at Rutland Regional...
You may visit the HIM department on the ground floor of the hospital to fill out the authorization form. HIM is open to the public Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Mail a completed authorization form to:
Release of Information
Health Information Management
160 Allen Street
Rutland, VT 05701
The first 10 pages of your records are free. A standard fee of $.50 per page will be charged for additional pages. A $15 flat fee will be charged for a disk copy (available for most records created after March 1, 2011). A standard fee of $1 per page will be charged for microfiche copies. Please keep a personal copy of any information you request to avoid paying for your records again.
At your request, your medical records will be released to your doctor free of charge. Call 802.747.3654 for more information.