At Rutland Regional's Diagnostic Imaging, we understand that high-quality imaging services are critical to accurately diagnosing and effectively treating your medical condition. That’s why we are committed to providing the region’s most advanced inpatient and outpatient imaging services using state-of-the-art technology.
Imaging and Radiology Services
Our expert radiologists use the latest technology to accurately and efficiently diagnose, monitor and treat a range of illnesses and injuries.
We perform a range of imaging studies, tests and procedures, including:
We also use the latest digital image transfer technology to ensure that your healthcare providers have quick access to your scans and test results while maintaining your privacy.
Awards and Recognitions
Rutland Regional Medical Center offers one of New England’s most advanced diagnostic imaging centers. As the first hospital in Vermont to receive accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for all of our imaging services, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality imaging care in a warm and friendly environment.
We are proud to be one of only five U.S. hospitals – and the only rural hospital – to be named a GE Healthcare “Community Hospital Showcase.” Because of this designation, clinicians, radiologists and hospital administrators from across the nation visit Rutland Regional to learn about our diagnostic imaging equipment and how we use it to develop best practices that ensure high-quality, efficient care.
Breast Imaging Services
Our staff is specially trained to provide diagnostic breast imaging services as part of our comprehensive Breast Care Program. We offer state-of-the-art mammography and breast cancer services, including:
- Advanced 3D breast mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Minimally invasive biopsy
With your convenience in mind, you can schedule your bone density testing (DXA scan) at the same time as your mammogram. Mammograms and DXA scans are offered five days a week and are performed during one appointment by the same technician.
Our Imaging and Radiology Team
Rutland Regional’s multidisciplinary diagnostic imaging team uses the latest technology to provide you with the best possible care. Our team includes:
- Radiologists. Our radiologists are board-certified physicians specially trained to use images to diagnose illness and injuries and to stage disease. They collaborate with other physicians to help determine the best treatment plan for you.
- Radiologic technologists. Our radiologic technologists are experienced licensed health professionals specially trained in diagnostic imaging and scanning technology.
- Clinical nurse managers. Our clinical nurse managers are registered nurses who are responsible for ensuring that you receive quality, comprehensive care.
- Diagnostic imaging nurses. Our diagnostic imaging nurses are registered nurses who provide you with expert care before, during and after your imaging procedure.
- Breast care coordinators. Our breast care coordinators are registered nurses who guide, support and coordinate the care of women dealing with breast health or breast cancer issues.