Digestive Health at Rutland Regional
The board-certified gastroenterologists at Rutland Regional understand that dealing with a digestive condition can affect your qualify of life and cause discomfort or embarrassment. That’s why our compassionate specialists work closely with you to address your concerns, provide an accurate diagnosis and develop a personalized treatment plan.
We treat a range of digestive conditions, including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Swallowing difficulties
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gallbladder and bile duct diseases
- Malabsorption of nutrients and fats
- Liver diseases, including hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Esophageal varices
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Lactose intolerance
Specialized Endoscopy and Surgical Care
In addition to providing the region’s best care for a range of digestive conditions, our experienced specialists perform endoscopic procedures using the latest minimally invasive techniques.
Our gastroenterologists work closely with radiologists to offer specialized procedures such as ultrasound-guided liver biopsy with sedation. If you require surgery, you can count on the surgeons at Rutland General Surgery, who are experts in the most advanced minimally invasive procedures for a range of gastrointestinal conditions.
Our Digestive Health Team
Rutland Regional’s gastroenterology team uses the latest technology to provide you with the best possible care. Our team includes:
- Gastroenterologists. Our gastroenterologists are board-certified physicians who are specially trained to diagnose and treat diseases of the digestive tract.
- Pulmonologists. Our pulmonologists are board-certified physicians who are specially trained to diagnose and treat diseases of the lungs and bronchial tubes.
- Gastroenterology nurses. Our gastroenterology nurses are specially trained to care for you before, during and after your treatment.
- Endoscopy technologists. Our endoscopy technologists are part of the medical team that uses endoscopes to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal problems. They provide you with support and assist physicians and nurses during the procedure.