Hospital Medicine Program
If you or a loved one needs to stay at Rutland Regional, you can trust our hospital medicine specialists to provide the best, most efficient care. Hospital medicine specialists, sometimes called hospitalists, are specially trained to provide expert patient care in a hospital setting.
Hospital Medicine Services
Our hospital medicine specialists are board certified in general internal medicine, family medicine or other specialty areas and work as a team to provide you with quality care during your hospital stay. Your hospital medicine specialists will:
- Manage your hospital care
- Consult with medical specialists
- Monitor your progress
- Coordinate your care with your primary care physician (PCP)
- Keep you and your family up to date
Coordinated Inpatient Care
From following up on your test results to adjusting your treatment, our hospital medicine specialists work closely with every medical specialist and department in the hospital to provide coordinated inpatient care for you. Because our hospital medicine specialists work only in the hospital, they are available 24/7 to respond to emergencies and problems.
To provide you with the best possible care during your hospital stay, our hospital medicine specialists work closely with your PCP to:
- Gather information from your PCP about your condition and medical history after your hospital admission
- Keep your PCP up to date on major findings and changes that occur during your hospital stay
- Send a report of your diagnoses, treatments and medications to your PCP to ensure appropriate care after you are discharged from the hospital