If you are suffering from an acute or chronic kidney condition, you can count on the specialists at the Rutland Kidney Center to provide the comprehensive evaluation and treatment you need. UVM Medical Center's board-certified kidney specialists, called nephrologists, who work at the Rutland Kidney Center are experienced at treating common and complex kidney problems and related conditions, including:
- High blood pressure
- Anemia related to kidney failure
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Polycystic disease
- Proteinuria and hematuria
We are committed to providing the region’s best kidney care combined with the personalized support and education you need to help you manage your condition. We offer a range of services, including:
- Inpatient and outpatient consultation
- Lifestyle education and guidance on topics such as diet and exercise
- Medication management
- Evaluation and referral for kidney transplant surgery
Your kidneys have the important job of cleansing your body of waste products. When your kidneys are not working properly, you can become sick due to high levels of waste that build up in your body.
Dialysis is a replacement therapy that performs many of the normal duties of your kidneys, including removing waste products. It is done three times a week, and each session lasts several hours.
If you require dialysis, you can trust the specially trained staff at The University of Vermont Medical Center Dialysis Unit at Rutland Regional to provide the therapy you need in a warm, supportive and family-like atmosphere.
The UVM Medical Center Dialysis Unit at Rutland Regional has nine dialysis stations and is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday, from 6am to 9pm. For more information on dialysis services, please call 802.747.6239.
Our Kidney Care Team
Our kidney care team is made up of expert physicians and healthcare professionals, including:
- Certified nephrologists. Certified nephrologists are physicians trained in the diagnosis and management of kidney diseases, high blood pressure and electrolyte disorders.
- Nephrology nurses. Our nephrology nurses are specially trained to provide expert kidney disease care and serve as advocates, educators, consultants, care coordinators and direct caregivers for chronically ill patients.
- Certified hemodialysis technicians. Our certified hemodialysis technicians monitor all aspects of dialysis treatment.