Specimen Collection Center
The new Specimen Collection Center (SCC) is located in the former Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Services space on the Allen Street side of the hospital. This new location will improve the service, flow, and safety of specimen collection at the hospital.
Only people who have an order from a physician and an appointment time are permitted to come into the SCC. This process will reduce wait times considerably and allow for very quick service for a majority of the tests ordered.
- Patients will receive an order for a test from their primary care provider
- Once the order is received, a scheduler from the SCC will call the patient to schedule the date and time for the test
- Patients arrive at their specified date and time and park in the designated parking area outside the collection center
- Once the patient parks, they are instructed to text or call the check-in desk
- They will be instructed when to come to the entrance and, once there, they will be escorted to a collection room
- Once the collection process is complete, the patient will be escorted out
Parking for the Specimen Collection Center is in the same parking area as the former COVID-19 testing tents in the Allen Street parking lot at the hospital. The new SCC was created to accommodate the increase of COVID-19 and Flu tests. This testing site replaces the tents that were outside the hospital during the summer months.
The SCC was designed with patient safety and privacy in mind. It is equipped with several private collection rooms as well as a “one way” patient flow system. Additionally, the air inside the SCC will be continuously vented externally to ensure a safe environment for both patients and staff.
The new SCC is equipped to do specimen collection for a variety of tests including:
- COVID-19 PCR Test
- Influenza (flu) A/B PCR test
- Group A Strep screen
- Group A Strep Culture
- Rapid Strep A test
- Staph Culture
- MRSA Culture L
- RSV PCR test
- Rapid Influenza A/B and RSV PCR