Whether you are recovering from illness, injury, or surgery or managing a chronic condition, you may need specialized help to return to an active and healthy life. Our dedicated, experienced rehabilitation team offers customized physical, occupational and speech-language therapy tailored to your unique needs – all in one convenient location.
Our rehabilitation experts work with patients of all ages and collaborate with physicians, nurses and other medical experts to offer comprehensive treatment for a range of chronic and acute conditions, including:
- Sports injuries
- Hand injuries
- Mobility problems
- Joint replacement
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Neurological disorders
- Prosthetic/orthotic evaluation and treatment
- Industrial injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Vertigo and balance problems
- Wound care
- Memory loss
- Mild cognitive impairments
- Voice disorders
Our Rehabilitation Team
Rutland Regional’s rehabilitation team takes a comprehensive and collaborative approach to helping you meet your rehabilitation goals. Our team includes:
- Neurologist. Our neurologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in diagnosing and treating brain and nervous system disorders.
- Occupational therapist. Our occupational therapists are licensed health professionals who are specially trained to help patients who have injuries, illnesses or disabilities improve skills needed for daily living, sometimes through the use of assistive devices.
- Orthopaedist. Our orthopaedists are board-certified physicians who specialize in diagnosing, treating and correcting bone and musculoskeletal injuries, illnesses and abnormalities.
- Physiatrist. Our physiatrists are board-certified physicians who specialize in using physical and rehabilitative medicine to help regain normal physical function in people who are recovering from surgery, injury, or illness or suffering from a chronic condition.
- Physical therapist. Our physical therapists are licensed health professionals who use exercise, massage and other physical techniques to help restore movement and function in patients with chronic conditions or who have experienced an injury, illness or surgery.
- Speech-language pathologist. Our speech-language pathologists are licensed health professionals who specialize in evaluating and treating patients with speech and swallowing disorders.