Occupational Therapy at
The occupational therapists at Rutland Regional understand how important it is for you to return to your normal activities after suffering from an illness or injury. Whether your goal is to develop or restore the skills necessary to perform activities of daily living, our specialists will be there for you every step of the way.
Occupational Therapy Services
Our licensed occupational therapists will work closely with you to help you set and achieve your personalized treatment goals. If necessary, our specialists will recommend and teach you how to use assistive devices that can help improve your mobility and function. We offer a variety of specialized treatment programs, including:
- Hand therapy. Our specialists provide comprehensive hand therapy to treat fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis and other conditions. We also offer fittings for customized splints.
- Prosthetic/orthotic evaluation & treatment. We offer full rehabilitation and evaluation services for amputees and other patients requiring supportive or assistive devices.
- Neurological disorder therapy. If you are suffering from a neurological condition such as stroke, head or spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease, our therapists will work closely with your neurologist to create a personalized treatment plan for you.
- Independent living. Our independent living program is specially designed to help you relearn self-care skills such as bathing, dressing and preparing meals to help you return home and live independently.
- Pre-driver screening. Our specially trained therapists provide screening services to ensure that you have the ability to drive safely. We will evaluate your vision function, visual perception, cognitive function, strength, range of motion, reaction time, on-the-road abilities and the need for adaptive equipment.