Speech-Language Pathology at
If you have language disorders or problems with speech or swallowing, we can help. Rutland Regional’s experienced speech-language pathologists specialize in evaluating and treating speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients of all ages. Our specialists provide compassionate care for a range of conditions, including:
- Brain tumors and injury
- Degenerative neuromuscular disease
- Head/neck cancer
- Head trauma
- Neurological disorders
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Swallowing disorders (Dysphagia)
- Voice disorders
We will work closely with you to help you meet your goals and develop a personalized treatment plan that may include exercises to improve voice, swallowing ability, oral motor function, and language or cognitive function. Our specialized, state-of-the-art therapies include:
- VitalStim®, which provides electrical stimulation to treat swallowing disorders.
- LSVT LOUD®, which improves vocal loudness and intelligibility in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders.
- Videofluoroscopic swallow studies to assess complex swallowing dysfunction.
- Sona-Speech™ Voice Analysis to assess and treat a variety of voice and motor-speech disorders.