Urology Care & Treatment
Marble Valley Urology offers the region’s most advanced urologic care. If you are suffering from a urologic condition, you can trust our urologists to use their skills and experience to provide you with an efficient diagnosis and effective treatment.
If you require surgery, we use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible to reduce both your discomfort and your recovery time. Many procedures can be performed in the comfort of our conveniently located office.
We treat both common and complex urologic conditions, including:
Kidney stones are small, hard deposits made of mineral and acid salts that form inside your kidneys. Kidney stones can affect any part of your urinary tract and cause pain and problems with urination. To minimize your discomfort, our urologists use the latest, most advanced technology to treat kidney stones, including:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL). ESWL procedures use shock waves to break up kidney stones so they can pass more easily through your urinary tract.
- Electrohydraulic lithotripsy (EHL). EHL procedures use electricity to break up kidney stones, bladder stones and stones in your bile or pancreatic ducts.
- Laser lithotripsy. Laser lithotripsy uses laser pulses to break up stones in your ureter and kidney.
- Ureteroscopy. During a ureteroscopy, a thin, flexible tube is inserted into your urethra (the tube through which urine leaves your body) and guided to the location of the kidney stone. A laser or other small instrument is used to break up or remove the kidney stone.
Urinary incontinence, or the loss of bladder control, can cause embarrassment and significantly impact your quality of life. There are two types of incontinence: stress incontinence, which results in urine leakage when you cough, sneeze or laugh, and urge incontinence, or involuntary urine loss caused by a frequent, sudden and uncontrollable need to urinate.
Our providers treat all types of incontinence in men and women using the most up-to-date treatments and therapies, including:
- In-bladder Botox®injections. Botox treatments urge incontinence caused by overactive bladder by helping your bladder muscle relax.
- Tension-free vaginal taping (TVT). TVT procedures are performed on female patients who suffer from stress incontinence. During a TVT procedure, mesh tape is placed under your urethra to provide support and to help keep it closed.
- Macroplastique® injections. Macroplastique is an injectable bulking agent used to treat stress incontinence in male and female patients. When Macroplastique is injected into the tissues surrounding your urethra, the extra “bulk” allows your urethra to close more effectively to prevent urine leakage.
If you are experiencing prostate problems, you can count on our urologists to provide the advanced treatment you need. Our urologists have more than 25 years of experience diagnosing and treating a range of common and complex prostate conditions, including:
We will conduct a thorough evaluation of your prostate condition and deliver an efficient, accurate diagnosis. Our caring staff will work with you to develop a treatment plan and ensure that all of your questions have been answered. Depending on your condition, your urologist may recommend certain tests and procedures, including:
- Transrectal ultrasound with prostate biopsy. During this test, your urologist takes tissue samples from several places in your prostate and sends them to a laboratory to be examined for cancer. A transrectal ultrasound helps the urologist to see your prostate during the procedure.
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP). A TURP procedure removes portions of your prostate gland through your urethra to relieve symptoms of prostate enlargement.
- Prostatectomy. A prostatectomy is a surgical procedure to remove your entire prostate gland and some surrounding tissue to treat prostate cancer.