Women’s Healthcare Team
at Rutland Regional
Our women’s health specialists work together to provide you with the best medical care available. Your team includes:
- Breast Care Coordinator. Our coordinator is a registered nurse whose primary responsibility is to guide, support and coordinate your care if you are dealing with breast health or breast cancer issues.
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN). Our board-certified OB/GYNs are physicians who specialize in women’s health, including reproductive health; diseases of the breasts, cervix, uterus, vagina and pelvic region; pregnancy, labor and delivery; and health screenings and preventive care.
- Social Worker. Our social workers provide individual, family and group counseling; referrals to community resources; and help with transportation, discharge planning and home care issues.
- Women’s Health Nurse. The women’s health nurse is a registered nurse experienced in women’s health issues related to gynecology and pregnancy.
- Anesthesiologist. Our anesthesiologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in anesthesiology and work with you and your obstetrician to provide appropriate pain relief.
- Labor and Delivery Nurse. Our labor and delivery nurses take care of you while you are in labor, monitoring you and your baby and assisting you throughout the labor and delivery process.
- Lactation Counselors. A lactation counselor may help you and your baby with latching difficulties, painful nursing, low milk production or inadequate weight gain.
- Pediatrician. A pediatrician is a physician who specializes in the care of children.